Happy New Year! Happy 2022! You made it!
Though it’s just a different day, it’s a different day in a new year. Now that the fireworks and celebratory spirit has calm, and we are back to reality—I dare to ask, what do you want from 2022?
Optimistically speaking, 2022 has a lot to offer, but what exactly do you want from the new year that just emerged? Do you not care for what it has to offer and don’t mind going with the flow? That’s fine too, however, if you’re wanting something specific to come out from this year, you’ll have to:
- Know exactly what you want
- Have a plan in place to achieve your specific goals and plans
- Actively and consistently work towards your goals
Three to six months of uninterrupted focus can amount to a life changing transformation in any aspect of your life. Every ‘little’ step and effort you make towards your goals adds up in the long run if you stay the course. 2022, just like any other year, is what you make of it. How are you approaching the year—will you wait for life to happen, or take the necessary actions to make your desires a reality?
Some questions to get you started:
- What do I want to achieve this year?
- What do I want to let go of this year?
- What do I want to do more of this year?
- What do I want to do less of this year?
- What do I want to promise myself this year?
- What do I want from life?
When we don’t define what we want, life steps in and decides for us. However, it isn’t always a pleasant decision. Granted, it isn’t always obvious or even straightforward to define what we want. However, with a careful soul search and self reflection, one can begin to decipher what exactly they want from life and the new year.
So I ask again, what really do you want?