Why do you worry? Ever asked yourself that before? Why do you do it? What does it achieve? Has worrying ever made the situation better? Has it? No, seriously, ask yourself these questions.
- Worry is simply you tormenting yourself from disturbing thoughts and cares that may not be real. It’s anticipating troubles which seldom come to those who trust in God.
- Worry is a weight that can destroy its victim prematurely.
- Worry is a grace digger that has no sympathy for its victim.
- Worry is a mental and physical suicide. It’s an unproductive exercise that leads to nowhere.
- Worry is like an interest you’re paying on a loan you’ve never received.
- Worry is a sin in the eyes of God. It’s a sign that you don’t believe.
- Worry comes to rub you of your faith in God.
Stop the worry, and focus on what you can control.
.…In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry you make it double
Don’t worry, be happy
…’cause when you worry your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don’t worry, be happy
Like good little children, don’t worry, be happy
Now listen to what I said, in your life expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
But don’t worry, be happy, be happy now
– ©Bobby Mcferrin
WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF WORRYING REMEMBER:
Matthew 6: 25- 27—“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on…”
Matthew 6:34 — “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.”
Matthew 11:28-30—“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
John 14:27-–“Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
So my dear, stopping worrying…for it is well.